Even though a toddler can walk on their own most of the time, it’s still a good idea to invest in a carrier. A Baby wrap or a sling will work well in the initial days when your baby is still a newborn. When they are a toddler, they are much heavier and may not be supported by it.
Depending on your parenting style, another great alternative is the stroller, but that may not be convenient in some cases or some places. Babywearing does not have to necessarily hurt your back when you invest in the right thing.
Best Toddler Carriers
In this buying guide, we will cover the six best toddler carriers currently on the market. They have been ergonomically designed to ensure you get the right support and your baby is comfortable. Let’s get started!
1. Eccomum Multifunction Baby Carrier
It has been designed with an intimate ergonomic design for more comfort. Its M-shape helps reduce hip joint force while preventing hip dislocation. The design of the carrier ensures the development of baby bones is not interfered with.
The carrier has a 3D space memory cotton stool that contours the baby’s buttocks well so that the buttocks are not pressed. It protects the baby from impact when you encounter a bump, or you are walking.
The carrier design ensures an equal distribution of weight to protect you from fatigue. It also has a thick shoulder strap and a widener belt for more comfort.
The Eccomum carrier material is an internationally certified material with soft cotton and polyester feel. That makes it soft, breathable, and skin-friendly. The material is very soft and does not scratch the baby’s delicate skin.
It is easy to use, and you have an option to double lock in the shoulder and waist for enhanced protection.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 10.2 x 7.1 inches
- Product Weight: 1.95 pounds
- Supported age: 3 – 36 months
- Supported Weight Range: 7-41 lbs. / 3.2-18.6 k
- It gives you the flexibility of carrying the baby in six different ways
- The baby carrier gives you a reasonable distribution of weight hence reducing fatigue
- It has been ergonomically designed for comfort with an adjustable panel and 3D supported belt
- The carrier can protect the baby from impact
- Eccomum has been made using soft cotton material that is skin-friendly and breathable
- It is easy to use
- Some users felt that it did not give them sufficient side support
- Some users found it to be bulky and uncomfortable
2. Ergobaby Omni 360 All-Position Baby Carrier for Newborn to Toddler
It gives you the flexibility of carrying in different positions such as inward, front, outward, hip, and back carry. The carrier is characterized by a soft and durable mesh that is breathable as it allows enough airflow.
Its shoulder straps and lumbar back are padded for more comfort and support. The Ergobaby carrier is easy to use with a one-handed slider adjustment that can easily adjust the baby to the position you want.
- Product Dimensions: 6.18 x 9.13 x 10.43 inches
- Product Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Supported Age: 0-48 months
- Supported weight: 7 – 45 pounds
- It grows with the baby and can be used from newborn to 48 months
- The carrier gives you the flexibility of carrying the baby in different positions
- The carrier has a soft, durable, and breathable mesh that is cool
- It has a shoulder and back support for more comfort
- It is lightweight
- The carrier has an adjustable fit
- It is cumbersome to put it on
- The material is stiff and may imprint on the baby’ skin
3. ClevrPlus Cross Country Baby Backpack Hiking Child Carrier
The carrier has been uniquely designed with padded straps and lumbar to keep you cool. It is equipped with an extra storage area that you can use to carry any essentials you may need for the baby. It has both a sun canopy and rain cover, making it suitable for use in any weather.
The carrier has been optimized for safety as it has safety belts and foot stirrups that will secure your baby in position so that they are comfortable. It is an excellent carrier that grows with your baby. It can be used from 9-48 months.
When you buy the carrier, you get a 1-year limited warranty.
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 30 x 16 inches
- Product Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Supported Age: 9-48 months
- Supported Weight: 1-33 pounds
- It is lightweight
- The carrier is equipped with padded straps and lumbar for comfort
- There is a large storage area that you can store baby essentials for the hike
- It is suited for different weathers as it has a sun canopy and rain cover
- The carrier has been optimized for safety
- It can grow with the baby as the baby can use it from 9-48 months
- Some users complained about the quality of material used that makes it not to be durable
4. Bebamour New Style Designer Sling and Baby Carrier
It is an excellent carrier to grow with your baby as you can use it from 0-36 months. The carrier has an attached hood and two baby bibs that are both removable. Inside the hip seat, there is a foam wedge pad for more comfort when carrying the baby.
- Product Dimensions: 9.84 x 11.81 x 7.09 x 9. inches
- Product Weight: 1.32 pounds
- Supported Age: 0-36 months
- Supported Weight: 7.72 – 43.87 Pounds
- It is multifunctional and gives you the option of carrying in six different styles
- The shoulder and waist strap is adjustable and with a thick padding
- You can use it to grow with your baby as it can support 0-36 months
- It comes with an attached hood and two removable bibs
- The carrier has a breathable mesh material
- Some users did not find it to be very safe for the baby
- Some users found it uncomfortable for adults
5. LÍLLÉbaby CarryOn Airflow 3-in-1 Ergonomic Toddler and Child Carrier
This is a 3-in-1 ergonomic toddler and child carrier. It has a taller and broader torso to make it ergonomic and provide more room for the growing toddler. The carrier gives you three different carrying positions for more flexibility.
It is a great asset where strollers are not allowed as you can comfortably carry kids of 20-60 pounds. They will give you handsfree comfort. There are adjustable side panels, hence they widen and narrow the set for a proper hip positioning.
The material has a breathable 3D mesh for comfort. The carrier also has lumbar support, a removable hood, and two pockets. That adds convenience.
It is easy to wash and machine-washable.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 14 inches
- Product Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Supported Weight: 20-60 pounds
- The carrier gives you the option of three different carrying positions
- It is a great carrier that grows with your toddler
- The carrier has adjustable buckles and side panels for convenience
- It has been made with 3D mesh material that is breathable and comfortable
- Some users found it hard to use
6. GLISOQ Ergonomic 360° Best Baby Soft Carrier
With the GLISQ carrier you can use it as your baby grows as it is suitable for babies of 4-18 months. The carrier has a broad waistband for support and comfort. The design will ensure that your back has the right support, and your baby is comfortable.
It has lumbar support and a headrest and sleeping hood for more support and sun protection. The carrier also has two adjustable straps for convenience when you need to breastfeed.
The material features a breathable 3D mesh.
- Product Dimensions: 11.6 x 11.5 x 7.7 inches
- Product Weight: 2.06 pounds
- Supported Age: 4 – 18months
- Supported Weight: 12-33 pounds
- It is very multifunctional, and you can use it for hiking
- The carrier has an ergonomic design with lumbar support
- It has dual adjustable straps in case you need to breastfeed
- The material is characterized by 3D breathable mesh
- The carrier has a headrest and sleeping hood
- It is not as easy to use as other options on our list
- Small frame users may have an issue with it
You can’t go wrong with any of the six toddler carriers mentioned in our review. If you don’t have time to read through all of the reviews, or are still having trouble deciding on the best toddler carrier for you, this buyer’s guide may be of help.
The Widest Age Support: Even though all the carriers have been made such that they can grow with your baby, some do it better than others. The Ergobaby Omni 360 All-Position Baby Carrier, for example, can be used from 0-48 months.
Best Carrier That You Can Use for Hiking: If you are into outdoor activities and are looking for a carrier so that you carry your baby while hiking, then the ClevrPlus Cross Country Baby BackpackHiking Child Carrier is specifically meant for that. It has an ergonomic design with a sun and rain cover to protect your baby regardless of the weather.
The Most Affordable Carrier: When we compare the prices, the cheapest carrier is the Eccomum Multifunction Baby Carrier.
Our Overall Recommendation: Out of all of the toddler carriers in our review, our overall recommendation would have to be the Eccomum Multifunction Baby Carrier. It is affordable, flexible, ergonomic, and of high quality.
When settling down on a carrier, it is vital to keep in mind that your body size will influence the fit you will get from the carrier. That is why you need one that is as adjustable as possible.
You should always check the age and weight confirmation prior as carriers all have an age and weight limit, or else they get uncomfortable.
Even when you buy the most ergonomic carrier with lumbar support, you will still experience back pains and discomfort without the right adjustments. Always ensure that you have a run on the instructions to know the right thing to do.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.