Baby walkers have been in the spotlight for a long time now on whether they are suitable for babies or not. Many people still perceive it to be that it is more beneficial than harmful.
When you make the right choice, it is a creative way to make your kid independent, and get on their feet faster, while still entertaining them. Most of them have a toy tray that can always act as a feeding tray. Many walkers are foldable for easy storage and transportation.
Best Baby Walkers
In this buying guide, we explore the six best baby walkers you will find on the market. They have the right features to ensure your baby develops well while being entertained. Let’s jump right in!
1. Joovy Spoon Walker, Adjustable Baby Walker
The walker can fold flat for easy storage and travel. It has been made with a safe material that is BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free. The seating pad is both supportive, comfortable, and machine washable.
With the walker, you can achieve three height positions for convenience. It is also equipped with oversized wheels and non slip stair pads. You only need to turn it counter-clockwise to adjust the height.
The walker can support a maximum weight of 30 pounds. It is designed with an extra-wide footprint to protect the baby’s fingers.
- Product Dimensions: 27.75 x 25.5 x 18 inches
- Product Weight: 12.3 pounds
- Maximum weight recommendation: 30 pounds
- It is easy to store as it is foldable
- The removable tray is easy to wash and dishwasher friendly
- The walker has a supportive and comfortable seating pad
- It can give you three adjustable positions that you can adjust as the baby grows
- Its extra-wide footprint protects the baby’s fingers
- It does not glide well on carpets and rugs
- It may be too short for some babies
2. Storkcraft 3-in-1 Activity Walker and Rocker
The walker is equipped with a 360-degree swivel that helps your baby to move around while having fun. The toy tray is very interactive and has a steering wheel, an ice cream cone, lollipop teether, cars, and buttons with sounds.
With the walker, you can adjust the height in three different positions. When you change the height, the jumping board and rocking function will adjust accordingly. When you remove the interactive toy tray, you quickly achieve a feeding tray to make your child’s feeding fun.
- Product Dimensions: 25.8 x 17.3 x 29.1 inches
- Product Weight: 14.4 pounds
- It is an interactive walker that has an interactive toy tray, stationary jumper, and rocker
- With it, you can get three adjustable heights
- The walker has a 360-degree swivel that makes it easy to move
- It also has a feeding tray if you need to feed your baby
- It has caster wheels that sometimes might be too stiff
- For some users, it came broken
3. Delta Children First Exploration 2-in-1 Activity Walker, Lift Off
It is ultra-compact and can be folded for easy transportation and storage. The walker features an activity tray that you can use to entertain your baby. The toy tray can be removed when you need to feed the baby.
To use the toy tray, you will have to buy and install two AA batteries. The walker is easy to wash with a removable, machine-washable chair cover.
With the walker, you have the flexibility of adjusting it in three different heights so that you can change it as the baby grows. It has been certified for all safety standards, such as JPMA, CPSC, and ASTM.
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 25.2 x 23 inches
- Product Weight: 7 pounds
- The walker is ultra-compact hence can be folded for easy storage and transportation
- It has a walk-behind feature that the baby can use when they start walking
- The toy tray can keep the baby engaged and enhance sensory stimulation
- Its toy tray is removable to be a feeding tray
- The walker can be adapted to three different heights
- It does not have wheels on the back, and that may affect mobility
4. Baby Trend 2.0 Activity Walker
It has a high back padded seat to ensure your toddler is comfortable. The seat is easy to wash but should not be machine-washed.
The walker gives you the option of adjusting the height in three different heights. It has an extra-wide base for more support and stability.
The walker is foldable and can fold flat for easy transportation and storage.
- Product Dimensions: 23.43 x 20.87 x 26.77 inches
- Product Weight: 6.61 pounds
- It can adjust to three different heights
- The walker has a toy bar to entertain your kids
- For additional comfort, it has a high back padded seat
- It can be folded flat for easy storage and transportation
- It is not machine-washable
- Some users found it to be cheap and of poor quality
5. BABY JOY Baby Walker
The walker features three adjustable height positions that help your child to grow with it. The walker can be used by babies up to 30 pounds.
It is designed with a soft and comfortable seat with a polyester seat pad. That makes the seat lightweight and secure. It also has a high seat back that will give your toddler more support and comfort.
With the walker, your toddler has an extra-wide base for more stability. There are four sturdy wheels for easy movement.
The baby walker is easy to wash.
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 28 x 22 inches
- Product Weight: 8 pounds
- The walker can be folded for easy storage and transportation
- It is entertaining with a toy tray that will stimulate the development
- It has a comfortable seat with a high back
- The walker features three adjustable heights for convenience
- It has an extra-wide base for more stability
- The wheels make movement easy
- Some users complained it did not roll well
- Some users found it to be too low
6. Safety 1St Ready, Set, Walk! Dx Developmental Walker
The walker is adjustable with three different heights to give you precise comfort and fit. It features an extra-wide base for more stability and support.
The walker is easy to wash and machine-washable. The activity tray and snack tray can just be wiped clean. The walker has been designed to lock together into a compact shape so that it is easy to carry and store.
- Product Dimensions: 27.94 x 24.25 x 7 inches
- Product Weight: 8 pounds
- It can be compactly folded for easy storage and transportation
- The walker is designed with entertainment in mind. Some toys and songs will keep your toddler occupied
- It has three adjustable heights to grow with your baby
- The walker has an extra-wide base for stability
- It is easy to wash
- The front-wheel does not glide smoothly
- Some users found it to be not sturdy
The Most Entertaining Walker: Most of the walkers have been made to be entertaining with a toy tray but the Safety 1St Ready, Set, Walk! Dx Developmental Walker beats them all as it even has 12 songs and a flashlight that can entertain your little one.
The most Cost-friendly Walker: When it comes to walkers’ price, the cheapest of them is the Baby Trend Trend 2.0 Activity Walker.
Our overall Recommendation: All six walkers are more or less the same, so going with any of them is okay. Our best judgment is the Baby Trend Trend 2.0 Activity Walker since it is cheap but will still give you value for money.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Baby Walker
Although you probably have an idea of the walker to choose, it is also good to know the factors to keep in mind when you are out there shopping for a walker. These include:
One of the primary purposes of a walker is to help your child start walking. That means it should be adapted for easy movement.
All the walkers are meant to have a smooth movement, but not all of them manage to. Check the wheels so that it has 360-degree movement. It should not be too heavy or have a low finish, or it will be a safety hazard to your baby.
The base of a walker affects its stability and security. It would be best if you settle on a walker with an extra-wide base for more stability. It will help to protect your child from any falls or accidents.
All walkers are safe to some extent since they are made for babies, but you should also check for additional features such as wheel locks, seat belts, etc. so that you are confident your child is safe.
Some materials are easier to clean than others. The material that is used also influences its durability. You should be on the lookout for a safe, non-hazardous material free from toxic materials and toxic paints.
You need a walker with an adjustable height that your baby can use while they are growing up. The more adjustable, the better it is. Babies grow fast, hence if you buy a walker that does not have an adjustable height, it will not be used for long.
When you have a walker, you will probably have to move it in different areas or even carry it when traveling. That is why you need a portable walker. Luckily, many can be folded compactly so that it is easy to store and move.
Even when the company is known for making quality walkers, manufacturing defects may accidentally happen from time to time. Therefore, it is essential to check for any defects such as rough edges, poor stitching, etc. That is an additional step of safety for the well-being of your baby.
When you are shopping for a walker, you have to know what you want. For example, some parents prefer a push walker to the regular walker. It depends on what your goals are.
If your goal is to contain your baby in one place, then the regular walker would work perfectly. If your goal is to learn to walk, then the push walker is a better alternative.
All walkers have entertainment that will help keep your baby engaged as they learn new skills and grow. Just make sure that your choice is a safe walker.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.